Searching for a Senior Data Engineer who has experience with Scala
What are you going to do?
As a Data Engineer you build data pipelines that offer realtime insights into KLM's operations.
We work with the newest technologies in the area of big data and distributed computing, and we enable with our data products data-driven decision making operational support.
As part of your job, you will design the right architecture together with other senior software engineers, and you will evaluate technology choices most fit for the problem at hand.
Where do you land?
You will become part of our Integral Planning & Control platform. We offer a dynamic and challenging position that provides opportunities to grow and enable impact across our organization. You will be working with highly-skilled, motivated people, and you will be part of the broader Software Engineering community at KLM.
We are looking for passionate and talented Data/Software Engineers, for curious builders who are biased towards action, and are thriving in a fast-paced, international environment. You are able to understand business requirements and how they fit into the bigger picture, and can come up with suitable solutions.
Next to this you are able to explain these issues in an understandable way to stakeholders at every level of the organization.
Ideally you will have 80% of the following skills & experience:
- 5+ years in production software engineering with a server-side programming language (including Scala) – functional programming affinity is nice to have
- Event-driven architectures (Kafka is nice to have)
- SQL and NoSQL databases (HBase is nice to have)
- Big data/distributed computing engines (Spark, Akka, ZIO)
- At least one cloud computing platform (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Automated testing (unit, integration, regression, NFT)
- CI/CD workflows and versioning systems (Git)
- Build tools (SBT, Maven…)
- Developing high availability, fault tolerant systems
- Understanding of common algorithms and data structures, OOD, design patterns, SOLID, clean code principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English, being able to communicate in Dutch is a plus
- Demonstrates ownership and takes initiative
- Being able to work independently
- Team player and familiar with Agile way of working
- Able to quickly acquire domain knowledge and able to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
Om de betrouwbaarheid en integriteit van kandidaten te toetsen is screening onderdeel van de sollicitatieprocedure. Voor vragen over de screeningprocedure kunt u contact opnemen met de vermelde contactpersoon bij de betreffende vacature of interim opdracht.