ASML is looking for a scrum master with SAFe experience!
ASML operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. Are you a Scrum Master who is able to help teams to develop their agile skills, enabling them to efficiently contribute to the delivery IT solutions for our Engineering department.
The main mission is to guide the scrum teams, ensure timely delivery, facilitate the scrum rituals and helping the teams to improve themselves without losing sight of the technical complex perspective. As a Scrum Master, you are successful when your team is the best agile team in ASML.
You will be a leader for the team. Although you have no authority over Scrum team members, you do have authority over the process and play a crucial role in challenging the team to become the best it can be.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Helps the people around the team to understand which interaction with the team is helpful or not
- Challenges the team to walk the extra mile, come with creative alternatives for business problems
- Provides analyses of current team rituals, evaluates bottlenecks, risks and dependencies whilst offering advice with regards to improvements in team rituals
- Ensures the pre-conditions are in place to start a work item (Definition of Ready)
- Takes care of the team focus on: Creating increments of value each iteration/ Achieve daily and Iteration goals in the context of the PI Objectives
- Helps the Team balance Change and Run responsibilities
- Ensure impediments are solved within the team or properly escalated
- Ensure improvement on delivery flow, quality, predictability
- Set-up and facilitate Scrum ceremonies and assist in preparation ART Events
- Manage dependencies and ensure coordination between teams in the ART
- Make the team feel accountable themselves for fixing all technical issues
- Ensure the team follows guiderails and sticks to the Definition of Done
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- PSM I certification or equivalent, PSM II and/or SAFe SM is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience working with Scrum of which at least 2 years as a Scrum Master
- Experienced in handling multiple Scrum or DevOps teams at the same time
- Experienced in Scaled Agile or SAFe way of working
- Preferably a technical background or a strong interest in technology
- Excellent People and change leadership skills
- A leader that has a high people focus and understands where the team needs to go to from a business point of view
- Facilitator by setting the stage and providing clear boundaries in which the team can collaborate.
- Coach and Mentor: coaching the team with a focus on mindset and behavior, transfers Agile knowledge and experience to the team
- Strong networker to manage impediments, eliminate waste, managing the process, managing the team's health, managing the boundaries of self-organization, and managing the culture.
- Teacher to ensure Scrum and other relevant Agile methods are understood and enacted.
- A Change Agent to enable a culture in which Scrum Teams can flourish and reach a high performing state.
- Good verbal and written command of the English language is essential. Dutch-speaking is a plus.