Strong experience with Java
The Lead Engineer will join the technical team of the technical innovation department: BlueLabs, where they will be able to play a key part in making technical innovative solutions a success. They will report directly to the Director of Technical Innovation and will support BlueLabs from a software engineering perspective. This includes:
- Supporting the different ongoing “Labs” that are running experiments
- Supporting the different ongoing “Labs” by getting successful experiments ready to scale within the organisation
- Improving BlueLabs’ own diverse technical landscape
At BlueLabs, we experiment with new technologies to accelerate the company and improve our customer products, thus empowering our colleagues and enabling more intelligent solutions. We aim to inspire and innovate with the latest technologies and work in co-creation towards new services and processes for the company operational and commercial departments. These innovations can be anything from digital twins to improvements in hybrid working environments. After a successful match, we focus to embed these technologies with the business in their domain.
The Lead Engineer hierarchically reports to a Director Technical Innovation who facilitates and stimulates the personal development and craftsmanship of the Software Engineer.
- We are looking for people with an understanding and interest in emerging technology
- A minimum of 10 years of software development experience
- Strong experience in either Java (J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Kotlin), Python, or Node.js (or preferably two or more of these) You preferably have the ability and experience to engineer for Azure
- The candidate preferably has affinity and experience with the frontend
- A self starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Capable to inspire, motivate, coach people to adopt new ideas, approaches, ways of working
- Easily adapts to new concepts and technologies and can apply in and adapt to complex domains and business problems.
- The candidate has extensive and broad IT knowledge and on state of the art technologies and industry best practices
- The candidate has profound knowledge and experience in agile way of working, design thinking and doing, lean startup approach, etc
Om de betrouwbaarheid en integriteit van kandidaten te toetsen is screening onderdeel van de sollicitatieprocedure. Voor vragen over de screeningprocedure kunt u contact opnemen met de vermelde contactpersoon bij de betreffende vacature of interim opdracht.