Experience with: Oracle and SQL?
Introduction to the job:
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the Competence Center Operations & infrastructure (O&I) providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. This not only includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters but also the IT applications which are used within ASML.
As a Technical Landscape Owner Databses your job mission is to ensure that the database infrastructure is managed to the best economic advantage of the company and in line with business requirements enabling ASML to move forward in a high demanding, fast moving and dynamic environment.
Role and responsibilities:
As a Technical Landscape Owner Databases you carry the responsibility for safeguarding the physical compute infrastructure. You will act on both an operational level, ensuring that designs, procedures and policies are in place, as a tactical level, translating the database strategy into technical roadmaps.
As a Technical Landscape Owner Databases you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Translate and realize the database strategy into technical roadmaps
- Validate design plans, quotes and orders proposed by vendors/contractors
- Coordinate and assure quality of database related changes, incidents and problems
- Report on the operational health of the global database infrastructure
- Signal, analyze and realize improvements on procedures and policies used in the daily operation
- Translate decisions into practical guidelines, policies and implementation plans
- Provide technical consultation to internal business partners
- Participate in domain architecture governance to identify and design the future state of the global database domain
- Support in the rollout of complex changes
- Perform the role of OEM ‘ambassador’. Communicating with database, middleware, infrastructure, Security and DevOps teams to optimize understanding and usage of OEM and introducing new features after application upgrades.
- Support in finding resolutions of high impact incidents
- Responsible for providing capacity input towards Capacity Manager
- Responsible for capacity management of the service and review the capacity reports on a monthly basis
- Provide capacity input for the capacity plan towards Capacity Manager
- “Sell” the features in the new software releases towards internal customers in order to speed up the LCM tracks
Education and experience:
Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
Valid industry certifications such as EMCSA or NCDA
- 4+ years professional experience with a focus on the creation of technical database roadmaps
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
- Sound understanding of database technology, techniques and best practices
- Oracle/OEM, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress and Couchdb
- Advanced knowledge of EM 13.4 installation, configuration, usage and features
- Experienced in participating in complex projects
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Analytical, entrepreneurial, flexible and result oriented are keywords
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- Excellent leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player in the different management layers
- Meet the required standards expected against the leadership capability model