Knowledge of SAP modules MM, WM, SD
Purpose of the Job
A Business Product Analyst (BPA) supports the product team in achieving the maximum value potential of the product by ensuring the product is built according to the right requirements, driving user adoption and realizing business process change. The BPA is responsible for analysing product impact in order to make this measurable.
A BPA effects business process change by envisioning what the to-be business process should be after the product is implemented, and iterating on this process design by collaborating closely with (key) users. In this process, user requirements are uncovered and the BPA learns of their relative importance for users to effectively adopt the tool. The BPA uses this information to support the PO in determining the relative importance of features from a user perspective.
When a tool has already been implemented, the BPA uncovers points of user dissatisfaction and mitigates these. This can either be done by translating the underlying user requirements to new product features to be developed, or by working with the users to solve their issues in other ways. The BPA also supports users in configuring the product to their needs where possible. Depending on the service level agreements (SLA) the Business Product Analyst can be asked to participate in consignation duties, fi. in case 24/7 support is agreed.
Because a BPA collaborates so closely with users, they are aware of their needs and pain points, putting them in an excellent position to inspire the organisation with opportunities for new products.
Business Platforms take ownership of digitally supporting a related set of business processes by providing a set of matching digital products. The Director of Product and Director of Technology take accountability for the business impact generated by the business platform. The business platform is organized in product teams which take care of the digital products that are in scope for the business platform.
The Business Product Analyst hierarchically reports to the Business Product Analysis Leader, who facilitates and stimulates the personal development and craftsmanship of the Business Product Analyst.
Key Result Areas
Business process change
- Understand and document the current business process
- Identify problems and inefficiencies in the current business process that could be solved with a new product or new features
- Designs suggestion(s) for the new to-be business process and how it would work together with the product being developed
- Work with the users to iterate on the to-be process until they are fully on board
- Support and encourage the business in making the changes to the business process that are required
User requirements gathering, specification and prioritization
- Uncover user requirements and their relative importance
- Have knowledge of applicable rules & regulations (CAOs, GDPR, laws etc.)
- Translate user requirements into clearly defined features
- Support the Software Engineer and/or Data Scientist in choosing the best technical implementation of a feature by weighing the development effort against the expected user value
- Support the PO in prioritizing features by clarifying expected user value of features
- Responsible that User Acceptance Testing are performed to validate if the user acceptance criteria are met
- Support in Business Process testing
- Analyse the business impact generated by the product according to the KPI(s) and other business metrics as predetermined in the product business case
- Test the product from a user perspective on a regular basis in order to uncover hidden bugs
Supporting the product team
- Support the Software Engineer/Data Scientist in creating a functional design for the product
- Support the Software Engineer/Data Scientist in creating a data model for the product; determining what data sources to use and how to combine them
- Support the PO in defining the long term product roadmap or portfolio
- Support the PO by suggesting means to improve product impact
- Support the PO with writing value/ business cases
- Drive user adoption by uncovering user requirements underlying user dissatisfaction and translating them into product features to be developed
- Drive user adoptions by organizing product workshops, explanation sessions, etc.
- Support the continuity of the deployed products in line with service level agreements (SLA)
- Participate in the incident management process to secure proper incident resolution
- Perform the necessary technical configurations to adjust the product to user requirements
- Performs the necessary adjustments to application parameters or in data/control table configurations in line with user requirements
Data management (applicable only when creating/maintaining data product such as a data warehouse or data layer)
- Ensure the use of data by consumers in line with the Data Principles & Policy
- Propose and maintain requirements and business rules to the Product Owner, like data definitions and data classification
- Deliver, maintain and monitor Data Quality Metrics; determine and suggest improvement actions to the Product Owner
- Deliver and maintain metadata and master data
- Complete and maintain Data Delivery Agreements; monitor and report issues on the use of data
- Support the Product Owner in providing a periodic report on data quality, the status of meta and master data and Data Delivery Agreements
- Provide Data Management support to projects linked to the data set
- Raise Data Management Awareness
Data management (always applicable)
- Use data in line with the Data Principles & Policy
- Raise Data Management Awareness
- Acts in such a manner as to contribute to the desired culture both within the platform and in interaction with the business
Om de betrouwbaarheid en integriteit van kandidaten te toetsen is screening onderdeel van de sollicitatieprocedure. Voor vragen over de screeningprocedure kunt u contact opnemen met de vermelde contactpersoon bij de betreffende vacature of interim opdracht.