Experience with Selenium
As a Test Automation Engineer you are part of the Global Client Onboarding team (GCOB) in the FEC (Financial and Economic Crime) Area. Within GCOB, your impact lies in being able to bring new functionality to production quickly, securely and in an automated way. The system is an essential part of the wholesale customer journey for Rabobank customers worldwide. New international customers are screened in GCOB and periodically tested against various risk parameters.
The system ensures careful customer screening to prevent money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud and to comply with various laws and regulations. Your engineering team is therefore crucial for the gatekeeper role within the bank and ensures that we can continue to operate internationally.
Imagine working in a challenging and international environment to enable the bank in providing relevant financial services to our clients. As a test automation engineer within the W&R Client Banker & Data services tribe you participate in a team with the aim to develop applications targeted to improve overall experience of the wholesale and rural Know Your Customer journey.
Department and Project context
The Wholesale & Rural Tech domain supports the wholesale and rural banking activities across the globe. We deliver and support global business systems, including process automation in the areas of KYC, CRM, Client Onboarding, Client Data Management, Document- and Case Management. We have a global responsibility for servicing more than 20+ locations divided in multiple regions. The delivery unit is working closely with strategic programs within other domains to realize the bank’s digital transformation.
Making a difference
You can be a key success factor in meeting of those ambitions within the Global Client Onboarding (GCOB) area. GCOB is a cornerstone in the KYC process for international clients banking with Rabobank. A proper and good KYC platform is key for the bank’s license to operate. KYC is very important to make sure risks are in line with regulatory standards and the Bank’s own risk appetite. The application you will be working on is globally used by over a thousand employees facilitating the bank’s KYC processes.
The GCOB team is currently working in London and Utrecht. All communication will be in English as the end-users, DevOps team(s), and other stakeholders reside on different locations across the globe.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our DevOps teams bring talented people together to execute all change and run activities of the relevant application. You will be T-shaped along the way to help delivering value to the product.
You and your role
Test Automation Engineers are responsible for the stability and integrity of the platform and bringing functionality to production security and in an automated manner. Through your efforts together with software developers, we ensure a fast turnaround time of change request to go live. The system is built in .NET with an Angular front end and in transition to the Azure cloud.
- As an all-round automation tester you are the ambassador of quality assurance and a driving force of essential change and continuous improvement. You are very confident of all manual and automated testing activities. You inspire and convince your colleagues with your vision on quality and improvements. You pro-actively participate in team decisions and challenge your team members on solutions and decisions.
- You see yourself as a part of a DevOps team where testing is an integral part of development and contribute to the maintenance and further development of GCOB. You will deliver a high quality and high value product in close collaboration with business representatives and your development team.
- Create and maintain automated regression test sets to reduce throughput time of releases;
- Automating important flows in the system and the relevant pipelines;
- Integrate integrity testing using contract testing;
- Optimise and bring test process to next level to keep on par with speed of development.
Top 3 responsibilities
- You are driven by continuous improvement. You have substantive knowledge in the field of software testing, processes, environments and you find it important to automate a lot of manual tests.
- The experience of global users of the system depends on good tests. You are an automater, our gatekeeper and challenger. You do this from the point of view of stability and performance. Finally, you also take security and compliance into account.
- The collaboration is not limited within the team. You are a communicator and able to maintain relationships within the technical part of the Tribe and Area of the Rabobank.
- You have a minimum work experience of 5 years within IT;
- You have a deep knowledge of test automation and tools;
- You have experience with:
- Setting up and implementing automated testing
- Tooling such as Selenium, Specflow, RestSharp
- Programming experience C#, SQL & PowerShell
- Testing of databases
- Creating and Maintaining CI/CD pipelines in Azure Devops
- Creating and Handling Splunk dashboards
- Agile development environments using Scrum
- Test process improvements
- A comparable enterprise environment (complex system /banking)
- Applying structured test methods and processes such as ISTQB and TMap
- Context driven, exploratory and/or concurrent testing
- Clear communication in English (written and verbal)
- Operational and support activities for systems (pré)
Also you are able to:
- Take responsibility within a team
- Work in a both exciting and demanding environment
- Be an ambassador for testing and quality assurance
- Keep developing yourself and the people surrounding you
- Look for challenges and identify and create opportunities to improve results
- Pro-actively share insights with stakeholders at different levels within the organisation
- Connect with people in terms of networking
- Express opinions clearly, comprehensively and correctly
- Use your creativity when looking for solutions and performing analytical activities
- Continuous improve yourself, your colleagues and processes