Experience with DWH (Big Query and/or Snowflake), ETL, SAP4H (and/or Salesforce), Tableau (or Power BI)
Powering our sustainable future, together!
We live in an era where electric mobility is “the new normal.” Whereas over the past decade, electric vehicles were only for the few, today they are for everyone. Welcome to the electric era. Enter EVBox.
Founded in 2010, EVBox empowers forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. With its offering of residential, commercial, and fast charging stations, as well as scalable charging management software, EVBox ensures that electric mobility is accessible to everyone.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That’s why we’ve made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company. Today, EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States, with hundreds of driven professionals from different walks of life working for us.
About the team
As a BI Specialist based in Amsterdam office you will be part of the Data & Analytics team. The D&A team sits in Core Apps within the IT Department and exists of a Product Owner (PO), a BI specialist, 2 data engineers, a data architect and 4 BI analysts. Apart from the BI specialist and PO – who are based in the Netherlands – all team members are external consultants and work remotely.
You will also collaborate with your other Core Apps colleagues (PO’s) who are responsible for the biggest source systems for the BI team (SAP and Salesforce), you will actively check their roadmap and engage in the joint demo’s
About the role
The BI Specialist plays an important role in leveraging data to enhance operational efficiency, identify market trends, and optimize business strategies. For that the BI Specialist ideally:
- Has worked intensively with MS Excel, has knowledge of basic statistics and data analysis, has a general idea of how data modeling and data warehousing works, has worked with one or more reporting tools before (e.g. Tableau or Power BI), and has an understanding of star schemas, Kimball, and a working knowledge of relational and non-relational database management systems and how to query these (SQL);
- Has strong experience working with various business stakeholders such as Sales, Finance, Supply and Technology, understands their language, their tools and systems (e.g. SAP and Salesforce) as well as their needs, and is able translate these into technical reporting requirements;
- Has experience with transforming a central one-stop reporting shop into a more embedded reporting function scattered throughout the more data driven organization;
- Has working experience with implementing (part of) a data governance framework, including the drafting of data policies & procedures, data quality management, data stewardship, data security and privacy and with raising awareness amongst business stakeholders on data governance related topics;
- Has strong analytical and leadership skills to manage both business demand and expectations as well as the functional BI team and is familiar with agile way of working;
- Has a shared responsibility in accomplishing the company’s OKR’s by driving value out of data. Reports can be made to order, but it is also pivotal for the BI specialist to take a pro-active role in triangulating knowledge of the business and its processes with the data landscape and identify areas for improvement, what processes can be further optimized, and how business growth can be driven through data-driven insights;
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders at all levels (including C-level), knows how to build and sustain relationships, and is able to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms, build relationships with cross-functional teams, and present findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master degree, or equivalent experience, in Economics, Business Administration, Computer or Data Science, or related discipline with 5+ years of data analysis and reporting experience
- 5+ years working experience in a similar BI-related position;
- Experience with DWH (Big Query and/or Snowflake) and ETL is a strong advantage;
- Experience with SAP4H and/or Salesforce is a strong advantage;
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI is a strong advantage;
- Experience with data governance framework is a strong advantage;
- Experience with implementing a data catalog and/or business glossary is an advantage;
- Experience with star schemas and Kimball is an advantage;
- Experience with agile way of working (Jira) is an advantage;
- Min. 3 years of people management experience of leading a group or team;
- Min. 5 years of (senior) stakeholder management experience;
- Proficiency at MS Office package;
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Customer oriented and ability to adapt/respond to different situations;
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration, communication skills and teamwork;
- Ability to influence at a senior level both internally and externally;
- Sense of responsibility, organizational and project management skills;
- Demonstrated track record in driving change towards becoming a more data driven organization;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to lead and motivate others;
- Pragmatic with a sense of humor;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Effective presentation, written, & verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English, and preferably also in Dutch;
- Strong business acumen including demonstrated record of achieving organizational goals with support of data (e.g., sales quota, growth quota, sales, etc.);
- Ability to manage multiple projects while delivering on established timelines.