ASML is looking for a Senior SAP Expert!
Introduction to the job:
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
During the Agile transformation the ASML IT organization was moved into Business Facing ART’s and Platform ART’s. During this transformation the role of the Platform Engineer landed within the SAP Platform ART.
To ensure a robust, reliable and available technical application landscape, based upon technology components as listed in the ASML catalog. Assuring the serviceability and maintainability of the owned system landscape, and shaping the processes to support those objectives.
The SAP Platform Engineer (PE) is a key-role in the IT application organization and acts on mainly tactical as well strategical level. The SAP Platform Engineer owns the technical application landscape and drives the optimization and standardization by designing the landscape, using ASML’s infrastructure building blocks and adhering to ASML’s security policies. The SAP Platform Engineer works closely with internal and external service providers and business Facing ART’s to realize these goals and achieving operational excellence. This also includes ensuring that the infrastructural roadmap is developed in a sustainable and integral manner.
Role and responsibilities:
- Requirements and Design.
- Identify and define technical application requirements and it’s ecosystem(s), including.
- Fit for operations and serviceability.
- Act as the linking pin between service providers and the Agile IT ART’s / Business Facing ART’s and advice in delivering projects and changes.
- Act as a feature owner within the SAP Platform ART.
- Draft, review and own high level technical design documents with optimal use of standard technology (catalog) components.
- Design application integrations/interfaces and identify data streams (e.g. firewall rules).
- Ensure secure access to environments (end users and application management).
- Engage with external infrastructure service providers and internal infrastructure providers as well cloud experts.
- Ordering of (new/changed) infrastructure services and standard technology components through standard catalog.
Maintain and Control:
- Define and supervise technical application life-cycle roadmap and plan.
- Architectural mapping of application components during application life cycle to infrastructure.
- Optimizing life-cycles of individual applications and infrastructure components (whilst minimizing business impact).
- Control the technical application landscape by supervising (operations done by Service Providers or DevOps Teams); The installation, upgrade and maintenance of applications and its infrastructure.
- Monitoring (end to end) and reporting (technical) of application performance, availability and capacity.
- Problem management.
- Application landscape security level (patching, security groups, firewall rules, SW security/vulnerabilities, hotfixes, etc).
- Participate as 3rd level subject matter expert to identify and solve (high prio) incidents on application landscape (cross team) and advice on actions to be taken.
- Measure and improve the process maturity for (technical) application support
- Work closely with service providers and architects on designs of new technologies and capabilities, with focus on simplicity.
- Detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Measure and improve the process maturity of (technical) application support for the internal as well Service Provider organization.
Quality, Risk & Compliance:
- Security mindset – DevSecOps.
- Manage delivery of application landscape components according to agreed specifications and quality criteria.
- Ensure and prove proper disaster recovery configuration, including IT Continuity test (ensuring end-to-end application back-up consistency).
Education and experience:
- Bachelor/Master – preferably in Computer Science
- Senior Technical SAP expertise having broad experience with SAP solutions:
- ERP+: focus on ECC, with extensive technical SAP basis experience including SAP ABAP and Java systems SAP HANA: SAP HANA TDI Infrastructure and certifications; including deployments on Hyper scalers (Microsoft Azure to be specific)
- Experience with modern data transformation tools like SLT, SDI etc.
- Experience with Multi-Cloud SAP architecture and deployment in a complex SAP landscape:
- On-premise deployments
- SAP Cloud/SaaS (e.g. HANA Cloud)
- SAP solution deployments on cloud-based datacenters (Microsoft Azure)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strategic thinking.
- Creative and Innovative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Shows initiative.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Result driven.
- Takes ownership.
- Stays focused, maintains personal effectiveness.
- Customer focus and customer facing skills.
- Agile mindset.
- Planning and organizing.
- Satisfaction/performance/quality levels of the systems or services delivered.
- Compliance with applicable IT and security policies.
- Compliance with LCM and architectural guidelines.
- Availability and performance of agreed operational services.
- Availability of operational reports and follow up/action list.
- Level of Contribution/ownership of measured and improved process.
- Up-to-date operational standards and procedures.
- Client satisfaction.
- Level of majority activities (operational, tactical, strategic).
- (Visible) implementation of structural improvements.
- Level of communication with (senior) stakeholders.
- Skills in Agile way of working.