ASML is looking for a Scrum master with SAFe experience!
Role and responsibilities:
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its headquarters in Veldhoven the Netherlands and has R&D and manufacturing operations in North America, Asia and the Netherlands.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and automation and optimization of key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A sub-department within the IT organization is IT Enterprise Solution Delivery for Operations. This department is responsible for innovation projects and changes in the IT systems supporting our sales and operations processes like sales, manufacturing, customer service, corporate real estate, sourcing and supply chain management.
Currently the ASML IT is in completing an Agile Transformation, inspired on SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework 5.0).
In this assignment as Scrum Master you are a servant leader with strong coaching skills and broad Scaled Agile experiences. You train your team(s) on Scrum practices, facilitate Scrum events and continuously stimulate your team(s) to improve to highly autonomous yet highly aligned team(s). You are working in close consultation with the Release Train Engineer in the Corporate Real Estate (CRE) ART. You will be helping your team reach new heights with regards to predictability, quality and collaboration within the team, but also within the ART.
The Scrum Master works closely together with:
- The RTE for the CRE ART
- The Product Owner(s) for the team(s) you serve and coach
- The Developers / consultants in your Agile teams
- The CPO and System Architect for the ART
- The Agile Competence Center in ASML and many other stakeholders outside the ART
Role and responsibilities:
- Facilitates the team in getting the work done
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Creating transparency and alignment on team speed, quality of deliverables and happiness
- Signaling and removing impediments to ensure the Agile team gets the work done
- Facilitating the team into following the technical way of working and ensures quality related to own discipline is secured in the team
- Creating focus in the team by shielding them from external interferences
- Providing analyses of current team rituals, evaluates bottlenecks and advice regarding improvements in team rituals
- Helping the people around the team to understand which interaction with the team is helpful or not
- Coaching the team with handling dependencies and risks
- Aligning with the Release Train Engineer
- Ensuring the pre-conditions are in place to start a work item (Definition of Ready)
- Coaches on agile practices and behavior for everybody in and around the scrum team
- Builds team and coaches team members to act as a team
- Acts as a servant leader and escalation level for the team
- Chairs and drives the rituals (scrum, sprint and program increment), ensures its disciplined execution, helping the team to understand why this is important
- Drives team level continuous improvement, i.e. challenges the team in view of the agile key performance parameters towards greater efficiency
- Ensures alignment with other Scrum Masters on dependencies
- Ensures focus and keeps the teams from getting distracted
- Ensures collaboration between scrum teams
- Timely delivery of the committed work items from the team's backlog
- Facilitation of the team rituals (planning, retrospective, demo, standups, refinement, …)
- Report the status of the team’s Program Increment (PI) objectives
- Transparency on team performance (metrics)
- Transparency on dependency and risk status
- Report improvements and actions from the retrospectives
- Escalations to the release train engineer
- Ensure the tooling is up-to-date (Jira, Service Now)
- Impediment resolution and escalation
Education and Experience:
- Master or Bachelor degree
- Agile + SAFe certified (scrum.org and/or SAFe®certifications)
- Experience in IT environments of corporate organizations
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands
- Willingness to work hybrid, partly remotely and partly on site