- Angular Frontend & Mobile: focused on the Angular & Ionic ecosystem.
- React Frontend & Mobile: focused on the React & React Native ecosystem.
- Node.js Backend: LINKIT is the Node.js expert in the Dutch market. We are able to build fast, efficient, highly scalable and cost effective applications in a serverless or more traditional architecture.
Angular or React Frontend & Mobile
LINKIT is specialized in building frontend applications using the Angular, React frameworks for desktop and web applications and Ionic, React Native for mobile applications. We can connect these frontends to your existing backend (APIs) or build a backend for you using the Node.js platform in a traditional or serverless architecture.
Node.js is the fastest growing open source platform in the world. It is expected to continue winning more market share on traditional platforms, such as .NET and Java. Companies like LinkedIn, Yahoo, eBay, PayPal, Spotify, Uber, The New York Times, Nike, and Philips embraced the technology and every day this list grows. But why? Because it is “fast”, “flexible”, “powerful”, “easy” and “fun”!
- Fast: The old way of writing applications with .NET and Java was to generally focus on very monolithic, tightly coupled applications that expose multiple endpoints. Everything is bundled into one server and that slows down your development, restricting you to reach more customers on various platforms. Node.js is a perfect fit for building APIs because you can do it and iterate on it very quickly. From conceptualizing and writing the code to actually deploying it into production is a much shorter cycle than on any other platform that we’ve seen.
- Flexible: Breaking jobs into small tasks, i.e. microservices and individual APIs, speeds everything up. Using microservices, you’re developing small, single-purpose endpoints. Single-purpose applications can deploy independently of one another, thus enabling a continuous stream of releases, each making changes or adding features as the business needs them.
- Powerful: Node.js allows to manage high loads because of its ability to process those kinds of singular workloads much more efficiently than any other platform. This makes it very suitable to handle peaks.
Serverless or traditional architecture?
We support both serverless and more traditional architecture. Both have their pros and cons.
ServerlessLINKIT can build your Node.js backend in a serverless architecture. Serverless in this context mean applications where server-side logic is still written by software developers, but, unlike traditional architectures, it’s run in stateless compute containers that are fully managed by AWS or another third party. One way to think of this is “Functions as a Service” or "FaaS". AWS Lambda is one of the most popular implementations of a Functions-as-a-Service platform at present. Advantages of a serverless architecture are:
- No need to manage your infrastructure;
- Reduction of operational cost;
- Shorter time to market.
traditional architecturesIf you prefer to manage your own infrastructure we can still build you backend application using Node.js, with all the advantages described. In this case we will deploy the application in your environment, whether this is cloud based or on-premise. Advantages of building a Node.js application in more traditional architectures:
- More overall control (no vendor lock-in).
- Application: We can build your desired frontend and backend applications, including web applications and mobile applications in a traditional or serverless architecture.
- Team: We can provide you with an in-house team of developers to build the desired application(s).
- Consultant: We can provide you with a consultant/developer to help your teams build great applications.
- Knowledge: LINKIT is a knowledge driven company. This means LINKIT invests a lot in their employees, so that they can become better developers/engineers/professionals. We encourage learning and sharing knowledge, by providing our employees with time (10% is reserved to spend on personal development), training & education and the possibility to visit (international) events. We are confident to say our professionals are within the smartest in the business.
- Experience: Our consultants have faced and overcomed lots of challenges in projects at our clients (including big corporates and governments). They’ve seen quite different environments with various setup and always managed to find the right solution.
- Service: LINKIT exists for more than 20 years. We are happy to say that we’ve built strong relationships with our customers. Based on our track record and our yearly surveys, we can say that our customers are more than happy with our services and we are still improving every year!